Hug Your Librarian: It's National Library Week!!!


I adore my local library so I'm always excited for National Library Week when I can shout out my love and extol the benefits of visiting your local library!


At least once a week you'll find me in the racks at my local branch. There, I can discover a new author, try a new genre before actually spending the bucks to buy something I might not like, check out some really cool documentaries (OK - and every version of Pride and Prejudice ever put on film!), rediscover older books and books that might be from before my romance reading years, and so much more!

Events scheduled for this week include:


Monday, April 13 - "The State of America's Libraries" report will be released. Visit the Public Information Office Web site for more information.

Tuesday, April 14 - Celebrate ALA-APA's National Library Workers Day

Wednesday, April 15- ALA’s Office for Intellectual Freedom will release the “Top 10 Most Challenged Books of 2008” list. Visit the Banned Books Week Web site.

Thursday, April 16 - Celebrate YALSA's Support Teen Literature Day
Libraries are super cool and totally great for when your pocket book can use a break! Visit your local library and thank them for offering such a great service!

0 comments:

Post a Comment