Crazy with Waiting: Dreamfever will be here August 18th!


I'm an addict. Seriously addicted and having withdrawals. To what you ask? To Karen Marie Moning's Fever Series!

It all started with a trip to the library where I picked up an unknown (to me) author's book because I was in the mood for a historical that involved kilts - if you get my drift! That's when I first got hooked on Moning's Highlander series.

I read them all and then found out she had a brand new book out called Darkfever that was different from the Highlander Series, but that some of the myth and world building would be similar. I was all about that so I checked out the LARGE PRINT version - the only version of Darkfever my library had - and boy was I instantly addicted! It gave me FEVER! Ok, that was corny. Sorry!

BTW - If you haven't read any of the Fever Series yet I have great news...the first book in the series is available for FREE as an ebook! So, you can check it out for free to see if you get addicted too! Click here to go get that FREE book!

So, skip ahead to Bloodfever and Faefever, books 2 and 3 in the series, and I'm in a full blown, fever and sweats addiction that kills me in the time between books!

Faefever was the last book, and the very first book I literally threw across the room after reading. I had gotten on my treadmill thinking I would walk and read and seriously stayed on over 2 hours because I got lost in the story! Karen does a cliffhanger like no other, and Faefever has one hell of a crazy one! After reading the last page I look up and promptly threw my book across the room - leaving a small dent in my wall!

It's been about a year and I'm on the countdown to August 18th - when Dreamfever releases and I can get my Mac on! (Mac being the title character who was left in a precarious situation at the end of book 3!)

This is a five book series so I know there will be another humdinger awaiting me at the end of Dreamfever and still I can't wait to get my hands on it! Even with knowing I'm cruising for a bruising with withdrawals again, I can't help it...I'M ADDICTED!

What book series are you addicted to? What series makes you preorder or rush to the bookstore on release day? Tell me your addictions!

5 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the Fever series, very addicted to it. I have an equal addiction to CL Wilson's Tairen Soul series, there is little that would come in my way of reading that story on release day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - next Tuesday can not come fast enough. Seriously..I am getting the shakes!! I LOVE this series!!!! (I threw FF across the room too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wait with great anticipation for the next in Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files. Got my sis hooked and she actually buys the hardbacks, she's so addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in serious withdrawl at the moment. No Bad Moon Rising in my MB, no shipping confirmation on Dreamfever by amazon.de and all I have is Cian MacKeltars story to read for my Moning week *sigh* Okay, we're talking Cian MacKeltar here, he is a fine way to occupy time but my addiction says; me wantz now!

    Two more days untill release!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love KMM too! I can't believe I still haven't made it over to my Borders to buy DreamFever yet..spending way too much time on the e-reader I guess. ;)

    The other series I am anxiously awaiting is Diana Gabaldon's Outlander: Echo in the Bone comes out in September!!!

    ReplyDelete