Local Romance Author Signing: Where Cheeky Girl Sabrina Dorks Out!


Recently, I discovered a lovely little local bookstore that sells new and used books and even does paperback trades for store credit! Not only does the store have a fantastic selection of books, but it felt cozy and nice to be in a store that really loves books. B and L Books held a customer appreciation day this past Sat. and it included a 7 local authors signing their latest releases. Of course I had to go!

There were door prizes, refreshments and loads of fun, but the authors themselves were a blast. As I walked around the shop, I could hear them giggling and cracking jokes amongst themselves in-between customers. So cute!

The authors at the singing included Roxanne St. Claire, Julie Leto, Kathy Carmichael, Elissa Wilds, Loretta C. Rogers, Susan Kearney and Wendi Darlin. What a fantastic group and I can't believe they are all local to Central Florida!

I was able to spend some time with the three lovely ladies pictured above from Left to Right - Kathy Carmichael, Susan Kearney and Elissa Wilds. All three have fabulous sounding books that I can't wait to read. I'm still learning to use my iPhone camera, so sorry for the slightly blurred action!

Here's the crazy part - I was in total fan girl mode - I dorked out quite a bit and didn't even introduce myself as a blogger for Cheeky Reads! I especially made a fool of myself taking Roxanne's photo - so much so that I couldn't bring myself to say hello! I have no idea why my inner 6 year old geeky self had to appear at this event, but she did. :)

Hopefully I'll learn a better poker face for the next time I meet one of my favorite authors in person. Boy, you would think I could at least appear slightly professional! LOL - next time I'm gonna play it calm, cool and collected. Yeah right!

3 comments:

  1. You have no idea how many author events I have dorked out at...it's pretty embarrassing when you are working the event and can't stop gushing and completely lose focus. But then the authors are great and you have a ball.

    :)
    SOunds like you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sabrina! It was such a pleasure meeting you :)

    I may be an author, but I'm also a fangirl. I totally dorked out when I met some of my favorite authors too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! I love dorking out at book signings!

    ReplyDelete