Book Review: Shut Up and Kiss Me by Christie Craig

Book Review: Shut Up and Kiss Me by Christie Craig
Love Spell - Dorchester Publishing - Guaranteed Read
3 Heart Review

WELCOME TO PRECIOUS, TEXAS...where fistfights serve as dinner theater and fire ants rain from the sky. The locals are usually very friendly, if a bit eccentric. No pictures please, or you may find yourself a guest of the county morgue.


Photojournalist Shala Winters already had her hands full bringing tourism to this backward, podunk little town, but her job just got tougher. Pictures can say a thousand words, and one of Shala’s is screaming bloody murder. Now she has to entrust a macho, infuriating lawman with her life—but she’ll never trust him with her heart.


Trusted or not, Sky Gomez isn’t about to let a killer get his hands on Shala’s Nikon—or any of her more comely assets, for that matter. Her mouth might move faster than a Piney Woods roadrunner, but all he can think about is how good it must taste…and how she’ll never escape true love.

If you haven't read Christie Craig then you're missing out on some of the funniest, quirkiest and literally laugh out loud books being published. Craig never fails to make me laugh, smile and sit on the edge of my seat as the suspense develops. It's not often an author can create a book both full of danger and suspense, while at the same time giving you characters who crack you up and keep you smiling.

If you are a regular reader of this blog, then you know I LOVE a story that can make me laugh and Craig delivers with Shut Up and Kiss Me, just as she does in all her books. Craig's books are memorable because they are unlike most other books out there in their truly original characters, quirky humor and her dedication to making the eccentric seem like it's as normal as the sun rising.

While I enjoyed this book, it was not my favorite of Craig's. Maybe that's an issue - an author whose previous books you loved so much that you make it almost impossible for them to keep topping themselves! I'm not sure how I would have rated this book if it was the first I'd read by the author. I tend to think it would have gotten a higher rating than the 3 Hearts I have given it here.

It was a very enjoyable and well-written book, but again suffers from being compared to Craig's other books in my memory. That's why I'd like to give the author herself a rating - Craig is a solid 4 - with hints toward a perfect 5 for me. I give this rating because I don't want you to see a 3 Heart Review and think this book fell short - it didn't. 

You are really missing out if you haven't picked up a Christie Craig book and enjoyed her unique sense of humor sprinkled with suspense and a whole lot of heat!

Do yourself a favor and give her books a try and then come back and thank me. :)

Have you read any Christie Craig books? If so, which was your favorite? If not, do you like funny romances or are you all about the dark drama? What type of tone do you most enjoy reading?

0 comments:

Post a Comment