Romance Book Review: The Inherited Bride By Maisey Yates

Book Review: The Inherited Bride
By Maisey Yates
Harlequin Presents Extra - May 2011
3 Heart Review (It could have been 4!)

Princess Isabella was cetain of three things...

She desperately didn't want to marry the sheikh to whom she was betrothed...

There was more to the darkly handsome, dark-hearted stranger escourting her back to the alter than met the eye...

And, having kissed that stranger once, she was never going to be the same again...

 
Cheeky Summary: What I really enjoyed about this book was the glimpse of insight author Maisey Yates gave us into what it could be like growing up in royalty or anywhere were a person was heavily protected. The heroine Isabella's desire to find out who she is would have seemed like a very small thing except for how expertly the author goes about explaining the kind of life Isabella had grown up living. This book has definitely made Mrs. Yates an auto-buy for me in spite of the fact that Harlequin Presents aren't usually my go-to Harlequins.

The story is very well written and as I mentioned, I really enjoyed this heroine. The hero Adham was well done as well and more likable than some of the alpha Presents heros one ususally reads. What kept this book as a 3 heart review was that the love scene between them just didn't feel right to me. It's hard to explain without spoilers, but I felt the hero went against his moral code and did so seemily without fighting against it too much.

I mean you kind of knew reading the book what would have to happen, but when it did I just expected something BIGGER to have pushed the two of them past their own control. Something about the scene just didn't feel like they resisted that much and it let me down.

Even with that let-down, this was a really enjoyable read and I really loved this heroine. I actually thought that the end of the book was immensly satisfying as it let the heroine shine and not be just some witless woman who falls at a man's feet. I know some readers who don't read Presents stories very often might at first believe that all the heroines are pushovers, but I think that you would really be happy to meet the heroine in this book.

Mrs. Yates has a writing style that I greatly enjoyed and I cannot wait to see if that comes through in her other Presents stories or if it was just the heroine who won me over so much in this book. Either way, I’m reading more of her Harlequin Presents books!

Have you read a Harlequin Presents by Maisey Yates yet? If so, what did you think? HA - I guess I should ask: Do you read Harlequin Presents books? Why or why not? What appeals or doesn't appeal to you about the line?

0 comments:

Post a Comment