Seriously...Harlequin Goes Comic

Did you know that Harlequin publishes versions of its romance books as digital comics in Japan and China?

Neither did I, but they do! How cool is that? Your favorite hero and heroine have their own comic overseas - there are actual faces put to the characters you've only visualized in your mind. And how fantastic is it that Harlequin is making sure to bring romance novels to an audience in the format they prefer. Big applause for Harlequin!

Here's a quote from a recent Harlequin press release:


"Reading novels and comics on mobile phones is a way of life," said Belinda Hobbs, Vice President, Harlequin Asia. "As Harlequin celebrates 60 years of pure reading pleasure we are thrilled to be able to bring digital comics based on the original English novel to a new audience. This reflects both the world-wide appeal of our editorial and Harlequin's focus on providing entertaining reading to women via innovative new channels and formats."
Way to go on spreading the romance book love Harlequin!

2 comments:

  1. I thought I commented on this post..must not have signed in right, lol.

    This doesn't surprise me, with all the authors who are starting to write Manga and YA books....there is a whole audience out there they're missing!! For me, I don't want to read my romance as a comic, or as Manga...but I know there are so many that do, and it's great it's out there. Christine Feehan and Sherrilyn Kenyon already have Manga books out....so won't surprise me if we can buy HQ that way before long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is awesome. I hope they have English versions soon.

    ReplyDelete